Saturday, January 2, 2010

I've been in hiding

Somehow I survived for over two months in the Atacama desert in northern Chile, thanks to some local indigenous people who rescued me from a deep sinkhole that I fell into while trying to find food and water. Fortunately, the sinkhole had a flowing spring and lots of bugs and small mammals that I was able to live off during my two month ordeal. Not that I particularly enjoyed eating the bugs and small mammals...especially since there was no fire to be found in a deep, dark sinkhole!

The Spanish speaking people who rescued me, took me to the town of San Pedro de Atacama, where I stayed in a very crude hospital for several days, waiting for a traveling doctor to examine me. Dr. Jesus Maldonado was surprised to hear me speak English and even more surprised that I had been able to live in the infamous Atacama desert for more than a few days. Of course, he was a little curious about how I came to find myself in the middle of the driest place on Earth. And of course, I was a little hesitant to tell him the truth.

Anyhow, I am no longer in Chile, but am keeping my whereabouts secret for now. Even my crew and girlfriend, Sarah don't know I'm alive at the moment.

For those of you who want to know more about me, please go to my website, www.zartocveldorn.com From there you can read my tweets (PDF) or find me on Twitter, where you can read my last tweets from May through September, when I was dropped off in the middle of the Atacama Desert by my nemesis, Morse Ulric.

Zartoc

No comments:

Post a Comment